Saturday, May 31, 2008

Your Finest Sarsparilla Please


Friday night I went to dinner with Mary, Chet and Nick. We went to one of the best restaurants in all of Utah . . . Maddox Ranch House in Perry, Utah. Ooooo-eee! I tell you what, thems some good eats! Sometimes, and this is no lie, sometimes I dream about Maddox rolls with raspberry butter. And no, that is not the fattest thing you will ever hear me say. (Or in this case should I say see me write? I really don't know.) Some of the highlights of the night were:

1) The Man Crush. Since Nick is both charming and good looking, it's no wonder our waiter was completely taken with him. (We'll call the waiter Charlie because I don't remember his name.) Every time Nick spoke to him, Charlie would blush a little, give a good, hearty giggle with his toothy grin and say something like "you betcha buddy!" It was like watching a high school girl get asked to dance. At one point during their numerous interactions the touch barrier was broken and the shoulder squeeze was received. I'm sure that made Nick a little uncomfortable but that's okay with me if he has to take one for the team so the rest of us could have twice as many chocolate sticks. And what's that Nick? You got stuck with two cinnamon chocolate sticks when what you really wanted was a mint chocolate stick? Don't worry Nick, Charlie will fix that, no problemo. Wink wink.

2)Prime Rib the Size of Chet's Head. Mary, Nick and I had already decided on which cut of meat we were going to order and we were waiting on Chet to decide. He had narrowed his choices down to the Shrimp Steak and the Prime Rib. Now, usually when we go out to dinner, Chet will eat his meal then polish off Mary's and sometimes mine too. (ps- Chet is not fat, he's just really tall so there's a lot of him to fill up.) This night, however, Chet was super-duper hungry so he wanted to be sure to order enough just in case Mary and I both finish our own steaks. So the decision was simple - go with the prime rib. *pictured below* Needless to say, the prime rib that good ol' Charlie brought out to Chet was more than enough to fill up even the tallest of guys.

3)The Pink Hoodie. After dinner we went for a bike ride. Have I ever mentioned how much I like motorcycle rides? Yep, I can't get enough of them. Sometimes Zoseph refers to me as a bike slut (in the kindest way possible, of course) meaning I've hopped on the back of many a motorcycle. Luckily for me, my new bff Nick was more than happy to oblige. We didn't go very far but we sure did go fast and I was laughing the whole time. :) It was getting colder and Nick didn't want to ride all the way to Salt Lake without putting something warmer on. He reached for the hoodie that he had put in my jeep previous to our bike ride. He grabbed my hoodie though and was oblivious to the mistake. I was cracking up just waiting for him to put it on. He was getting everything situated for the long ride and at one point it seemed as if he wasn't actually going to put on the pink hoodie, so I asked him he was indeed going to wear my pink hoodie. He laughed, grabbed it out of my hands and put it on proudly. Pink is a good color for Nick, don't you think? Ha ha ha!

3 reader comments:

Arin and Troy said...

Oh my gosh, we have to go up there and eat soon! I need to take Troy, I know he will love it! I think I sense a double date in our future! :)

P.S. It sounds like you had a fun weekend!

Anna said...

Bekah, it is a comfort to know that I am not alond in my dreams of good food. ;) Looks like a fabulous place- I must check into it!

NickWest said...

First off, the waiter was known as Mr. "My daughter just broke her Leg so leave me a bigger tip." What i liar. If he was really married he must of totally been married in California because of the States Supreme Courts overturn on the ban of same sex marriages. What i am trying to get at, is he was totally game for hopping on the Nick West Express. Unfortunately for him, his pass was revoked do to missing anatomy and feminine features.
Secondly, I want all the millions of your readers to know that wearing pink is nothing amazing. In fact i quite enjoy the color and i think it does great things for my complexion. I am manly enough to not allow social stereotypes and stigmas reflect my own interpretation of inner peace and harmony.
Thirdly, I had a lot of fun. We should do it again sometime. Oh, and for the record, Chet is fat, in fact, he is so fat, That when he walks into a movie theater, the show immediately becomes sold out. HA HA.