Sunday, May 18, 2008

Working For The Weekend

As I was thinking about how to title this post the song Working for the Weekend kept popping into my head. Funny huh! The past few days have been so much fun. I met a couple of new friends, caught up with some old friends and hung out with everyone in between.
My super weekend started on Friday with the decision to buy a new computer, YAY! I will post more on that when it actually gets here, but for now, just know that it's red and fabulous!
Friday night I met up with one of my most favorite friends, Hirschi. Hirschi had contacted me a few weeks ago about setting up a double blind date, he'd bring a guy for me and I'd bring a gal for him. Easy peasy, right? Except there was one little problem - picking the right girl. Since Hirschi is such a great guy I needed a super duper great girl. I scanned through my contact list a couple of times and my eyes rested on Anna. Bingo! Anna could possibly be the perfect blind date. Super fun? Check. Down to earth? Check. Witty? Check. Great conversationalist? Check. Hot as can be? Double Check! Yay, I found a winner! Problem? Check. I haven't seen Anna in a couple of years and after so long how do I know if she still has all of those great qualities? Also - how extremely awkward will that conversation be? "Hello Anna, I want to set you up and ps - are you still great?" Lucky for me, I'm not shy about this stuff. I just sent the awkward message and here we are, skip forward to the date: We decided to meet at Wingers for dinner because we knew that they would have the Jazz game on. Everyone was introduced and we all had such a great time. Although, I think I put too much pressure on myself when it comes to blind dates. For some reason I get extremely nervous and I start stuttering. Note to Adam (my date) I'm sorry for the stuttering. Ha ha ha! Oh yeah - I should tell you about Adam - he's a really nice guy, runs marathons, likes old movies, has lived all over and works as a night security guard at a boarding school. I asked him if he got to carry a gun (because that would be so cool) but he doesn't, I guess it's not such a great idea to be packing heat around the kids. Since Adam has some down time at work, he's going to become my new blogging friend. ;) Don't worry, Adam, I'll help you, it really is a lot of fun. Speaking of fun, back to the date- We watched the Jazz game, or rather, the last 3 minutes of the Jazz game because that was the only time the Jazz actually showed up to play. But oh boy did they play their little hearts out during those last few minutes. Whew, so exciting! It was around 11:30 by the time the game got over and poor Adam was running a marathon early the next morning. I hope he made it.



(This is Anna's shoulder, Adam, the back of Hirschi's head, the Jazz game and the Wingers sign.)


(Hello Hirschi! He'll probably kill me for posting this old picture but I think he's just adorable!)



(This is Anna - I told you, extremely good looking! I stole this pic from her blog, ha ha ha)


(Introducing Adam. I told him to be serious when I took this photo.)


Saturday night the whole crew got together for a "So Long Justin" BBQ. Which, by the way, I don't understand - he's the one who gets to live in St. Thomas for the summer - he should be throwing us a BBQ! A "You Suckers Have to Stay Here - Ha ha!" BBQ. Si - I'm a little bit jealous, but I will definitely miss you Just. :) That night I also got to meet my new bff, Nick. (ha ha ha - sidenote: that just reminded me about that cell phone commercial where the mom asks the daughter who in the world would she need to be texting 100 times a day? and the daughter responds - idk my bff Jill - HA! cracks me up every time! end of sidenote.) Nick is absolutely hilarious! He's already promised me a ride on his motorcycle - hence the "new bff" title. :)


(Ta Da! My newest friend Nick. See, you can already tell how fun he is, takin' a picture with the thumbs up - how cute!)

After the BBQ - I went to see the new Narnia movie with Calvy and Mitch - which was awesome!
See - so overall it was a completely fabulous weekend!

3 reader comments:

Arin and Troy said...

I can't wait to see pics from the weekend! Especially of the new computer! So exciting!

Anna said...

Wow! I made it to the blog post! I feel so special! And sheesh girl, you are way too nice. Seriously, I feel like you talked me way up. I was flattered you thought of me and had a great time hanging out with everyone. I have decided that we are to be friends again. And NOT just every few years kind of friends. Lets hang out again soon! :)
Oh! And for the record I think that you were a wonderful blind date for Adam. You were so fun and sweet. You definately were not stuttering. And if you accidently did I am sure he didnt notice because he was thinking your so cute! ;)

ps-I love the Hank makeover! Looks good and oh so tough. :)

Gary and Renee said...

I love Anna - she is one of the best blind-daters I know. Hey, a girl's gotta eat, right?