Tuesday, May 13, 2008

OCD? I'll let you decide.

This past weekend I have been taking pictures of all of my shoes. I've known a lot of girls who do this, so I know I'm not crazy, but there are a few people who still tease me for keeping a picture list of my shoes. I happen to think it's a brilliant idea because when you have as many pairs of shoes as I do, it's helpful to have a reminder list. I was just about to do the same kind of thing with my dvd's. (and ps - I think I should have made this list years ago because I've purchased duplicate dvd's a couple of times.) I realized, however, that I make a lot of lists, don't get me wrong, I'm still going to do the dvd list, but isn't list making a sign of being OCD? As funny as this may sound, I'm always worried about my OCD tendencies. I know I'm not 100% OCD, but I definitely have some OCD tendencies. For example, when I put a dish in the dishwasher I put it in a specific place and if someone else has put dishes in the "wrong" place, I will re-organize the dishwasher so that it is all neat and orderly because I feel that it makes unloading the dishwasher easier. Is that insane or is it just being tidy? I bet some of you are probably thinking insane right? ha ha ha Another thing I do is (and this might fall under the lists category) I write out my budget, almost daily. Even though the darn thing doesn't change day to day, or even month to month, for that matter, but I still do it. I also like to alphabetize things. There was this one occasion at the boys' condo - while I was waiting for Matty and Jake to get pretty, I alphabetized their dvd's. One of them asked me what in the world I was doing, as if I were a crazy person. Is that OCD? Probably, huh. Darn! Well do you think there is still hope for me? I really don't want to be OCD, but because I'm not 100% there, maybe I could just be OCandO, no D. Obsessive Compulsive and Orderly, instead of Disorder. What do you think? I need some input on this, so please vote.

3 reader comments:

Staci said...

Hey Bek's! I told you that I'd try to get a comment posted. Your blog is fun...and, guess what..you can add Josh and I to your friends blogs. jsrogers.blogspot.com
FUN FOR YOU!

Staci

Johnny Metropolis said...

Cool blog.

and yes, your seriously OCD... is that really a bad thing though?

Arin and Troy said...

I LOVE THIS POST!!! I first have to say I am EXACTLY the same way about the dishwasher! When Troy does the dishes I have to just leave the room b/c if I don't I will end up taking over and re-doing all of it! My laziness has started to take over my OCD so I am not nearly as bad as I used to be with alot of stuff.