Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Montana

Over the weekend Mary, my parents and I went to Montana to visit my Grandma. Let me tell you a little something about my Grandma - she is amazing! She's almost 97 years old and still kickin it like she were 70. It's been about 3 1/2 years since I'd seen her so I prepared myself to see some really old grandma that I didn't recognize anymore, but as it turns out I didn't need to prepare myself at all. She's the same Grandma she's ever been, small, sweet and very spunky! We had such a great time together. We went shopping and out to eat and we watched a couple of movies. Grandma just likes to chill and do all of those fun things.

Grandma and Dad at the IHOP. She was so excited to go to IHOP for breakfast.


Here we are in the car . . . Hi Mary!


Dad was making me CRAZY! with his constant back-seat driving.


Dad, Mom, Aunt Joy, Grandma and Uncle Gary. We had so much fun catching up with our Aunt and Uncle.


Dad, Mom, me, Grandma and Mary. She's just so cute and little. :)

ps - Keepin It Real! Arin would kill me if I didn't tell you where we always stay when we go to visit Grandma, she thinks it's absolutely hilarious! And it really is. 7 or so years ago my Grandma moved into an assisted living community. She has her own apartment and takes care of herself, but there are people around just in case she needs help with anything. So when we visit, my parents usually stay with Grandma in her apartment and Mary and I stay in one of the extra apartments that my Grandma reserves for us. It's so much fun staying at the old-folks home! I've already decided that as soon as they let me I'm moving there for good. :)

3 reader comments:

Arin and Troy said...

I seriously dont believe that your grandma is 97! She looks so healthy! And you can definately tell that she is your dad's mom.

P.S. I think it is now my goal in life to go on vacation and stay at and old folks home!

Juli said...

What a great trip! It is fun to see pictures of your family. That is funny you stay at your grandma's old folks home.

Anonymous said...

Most old folks homes are not as nice as Grandma's place. Oh and plus I think you have to be a senior citizen to live there but I'm with you it's like living in your own appartment with a concierge service. Totally sweet!