Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Rockstar Birthday Party

Last night we celebrated McKaleigh's 10th Birthday. We played board games and had a BBQ. The food was absolutely amazing! David made an assortment of delicious meats, including: hamburgers, hot dogs, brats, smoked ribs and smoked chicken. A-freakin-mazing!!

The kids loved the hot dogs and the ribs.
They also loved the cake - those Costco bakers make a fine cake.


Here's the birthday girl enjoying a slice of the delightful Costco cake.
I think the most exciting part of the night was when Kaleigh got Rockband!

I think Rockband is my new favorite game. It is so much fun!
Every one took turns playing each part in the band.



We started out with Kaleigh on drums, Colt on the guitar and Josh singing.

Colt absolutely kills at the guitar!
I think he takes after his Aunt Staci, aka The Queen of all things Rockband.
(side note - Staci really is the Queen of all things Rockband, there is nothing she can't do)
Here are my super cute shoes - perfect for pounding out a beat.

I loved playing the drums, I think that's my favorite thing to do.

Or at least it was, until . . .



I got a 99% on Vocals!!! Can I get a Wahoo!!! I have some serious skills!

No really, I do - Rockband told me so. :)

What a fun night!


Happy Birthday Kaleigh!!!!

3 reader comments:

Arin and Troy said...

I'm so jealous, I have never played Rockband! I love how Colton has a look of intense concentration on his face in every picture. And how Mary & Chet look like they are about to fall asleep in every pic.

Ty and Holly said...

Love the green shoes!

Anonymous said...

Okay so I totally heart the rockband as well. I totally feel like Meg from the White Stripes when I rock the drums! Booyeah! :) I can't believe that little gal is already 10... wow... CRAZY!!