Thursday, June 12, 2008

Desperate Housewife?

Question: Is it possible to be a Housewife if you're neither a homeowner nor a wife?
If so, count me in! My friends, Arin and Holly, and I decided to take a golf class together. Correction, not just any golf class, the Women's Only Clinic. I have never felt so much like a Desperate Housewife in my life and I'm not even a housewife - it's awesome! :)
We started our class on Monday night and went back for another lesson on Wednesday night. Fifteen or so lovely ladies who want to learn how to golf, whether it be to play with their husbands or just for the heck of it, like me. The other ladies are good, but the three of us are tearin' it up out there. Here are some of our awesome action shots:


You can't see my ball because it went over that mountain way in the back.
I'm telling you the truth! :)


Arin hits it perfectly every time. I say, nice form!
Ps- Arin was kind enough to give me some pointers that improved my game immensly.



Holly absolutely destroys the ball!
I think I actually heard the ball crying from the beating Holly gave it.

Next up? Putting. So stay tuned! :)

6 reader comments:

Vanderlinden Clan said...

Bekah, everything my sis knows about golf she got from me. well, maybe, or maybe she could kick my butt now. sounds like you guys had fun.

Brittney said...

Check out your adorable argyle golfing sweater vest -- so fun! I am currently unemployed so any time you want to do lunch or dinner I'm in. By the way, from your previous post, I totally dig the name "Large Marge" -- Pee Wee is great!

Ty and Holly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ty and Holly said...

So funny...you're right I did destroy the ball after jamming it into the ground from frustration :) You're such a cute writer.

Arin and Troy said...

After being surrounded by conversations about "goopy" cookbook pages, crockpots, children's sports, and carpooling, I felt more like a Mormon housewife than anything else!

Just said...

pretty sure you play golf just so you can have another pair of cute shoes in your closet...ha ha ha! jk i bet you did hit that ball over the mountain. MISS YOU!