Friday, June 27, 2008

IKEA


Last night I discovered the wonderful world of IKEA. My friend Brittney Bell Thompson is a master at decorating and she goes to the Ikea frequently. So when she heard that I had never been to the Ikea and neither had our friend Brittney Johnson Alonzo, she about flipped and we immediately planned a road trip.

After work last night, we drove down to the far end of the Salt Lake valley and didn't come back until the car was stuffed full! Ikea is such an experience. First, you go upstairs and walk through the maze of beautiful apartments they have set up. It takes a couple of hours, if you do it right. Then after you've written down everything you like in the apartments you walk back down the stairs to the warehouse to pick it all up. I spent way too much money and I plan on going back to get more. There is an enormous amount of cool stuff at that store.

I think my favorite part of the whole Ikea experience was riding on the carts in the parking lot. Seriously fun!!! You must try this. :)

5 reader comments:

Anna said...

I heart Ikea too!

Lindsey said...

I can't believe you made it this long without ever going there. Everytime I go there and see the neatly organized closet systems with special room for shoes I always think of you. Anyways, I love Ikea and so does Aaron so it's a win, win for me. You'll have to post some pics of what you ended up with.

Brittney said...

So, so, so fun! I can't wait to go back! I like your new header, by the way.

Arin and Troy said...

FINALLY!! A new post! Yay! I wish I could have gone with you guys. I can't wait until we can go and buy stuff to organize my new closet. You never even told me that you bought a bunch of stuff!

Gary and Renee said...

I just took my Mom to IKEA on the fourth - she loved it, and of course we bought some cinnamon rolls!