Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Hornets

Sometimes my dad just cracks me right the heck up!


My sister, Mary, just told me this story:


Mary has 2 vehicles right now - 1 is sitting at my parents house, waiting to be sold. She went to check on it today and when she opened the door she noticed there was a really large hornets nest on the crack of the door. She didn't want to touch it so I'm guessing she ran inside and told my 72 year old Dad to take care of it. After awhile of waiting, she received this text message from him:


(ps- I think it's funnier if you read the periods as *stop* because my dad likes to text like he's sending a telegram.)


Messed up *stop*
Jar did not cover nest *stop*
30 came after me *stop*
Ran like hell *stop*
Now 40 out there looking for me *stop*
Jar, spatula, my shoes & my confidence on the ground while I wait *stop*


Pops - you're hilarious!

4 reader comments:

Jaime Van Hoose Steele said...

Haha! Hilarious! Now I get why your family is so fun, it's rubbed off on you from your pops. *stop* I hope none of hornets got him!

Ps- that's pretty impressive that he can text. My pops refuses to get a cell and thinks it's ridiculous that my mom has one.

Craig Barlow B. said...

Bekah, this is fantastic. This is my favorite thing I've read this week. Great work.

Staci said...

I'm impressed that he used so many letters...usually texts from Pop's look something like "yhmppiubitio" - I think you've gotten this on it is "You have mail, please pick it up before I throw it out."

Anna said...

laughed out loud!
so funny!!

Um... so I ran into your sisters the last week. Crazy!
Hope they both did their duty and told you that I said hello!!