Thursday, January 8, 2009

SURPRISE!

Zo and Brandon called me last night and said that they wanted to come over to watch a movie. I thought that was a wonderful idea because Amy and Jarred and the kids were already planning to come out for dinner. We could make a whole family thing out of it. I just love making a whole family thing out of a movie night. :)

Amy, the master chef, made a most fantastic meal of Baked Ziti. We were having so much fun eating and chatting and waiting around for Zo to arrive. When he finally showed up an hour late, this is what he brought with him:


When I saw Josh and Staci walk through the door it felt normal and my reaction was "oh, hey guys" then it hit me, my jaw dropped and I started to tear up a little. ha ha ha What a great surprise! That Zo, he tricked me good. Jarred, Chet and Brandon were all in on it too.

The rest of the night we just sat around eating and chatting and have a great time just like normal, but this time it felt complete.

Welcome back Josh and Staci! I know it's only for a week, but I'll take what I can get. :)

ps: For those of you who didn't already know - Josh and Staci have been living in Illinois for the last 6 months while Josh attended his first semester of law school.

1 reader comments:

Arin and Troy said...

How fun! I can't believe they planned a trip home without telling anyone! There is no way I would be able to keep a secret like that!