Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A Night of Selfishness

I had such a great night last night! Yes, it was a completely selfish night, like the title suggests, but it was still great.

Since Stockton decided not to arrive until 3:38 this morning, my plans for going to the hospital to see my new "nephew" fell through leaving my night completely open.

First, I went to see Bride Wars with my friend, John. It's such a cute, girly movie and normally I wouldn't make a guy see it . . . other than my brother-in-law, of course. (Ha ha ha! Jarred is still giving me crap for making him go to Center Stage with us.) But in this case, John said he "must" see it for a review. Yes, it's true that I had just seen this movie with my girlfriends the night before but I really liked it, so I took advantage of the situation.

After the movie I went shoe shopping, which happens to be one of my most favorite things to do! But I didn't end up buying anything. I'm usually sad when I leave a shoe store empty handed but after trying on about 7 pairs I remembered how I was almost buried alive during a shoe avalanche the other day. So I was perfectly content with just visiting all of the pretty shoes.

As I was walking out of the shoe store I decided, on a whim, that I would do the next best thing . . . Pedicure! I got there just in time and since I was the only customer, they really pampered me. :) They had two ladies working on me. One was giving me a pedicure while the other one gave me a manicure. If you have never had the pleasure of experiencing both a manicure and a pedicure at the same time, I would highly recommend it! I felt like such an important person. Ha ha ha! It was so nice and relaxing! I would have stayed there forever if I could. But they had to kick me out because it was after closing time.

But do you know what wasn't closed yet? The tanning salon! I absolutely love my tanning salon! I sat in the leg tanner while reading some magazines, then I took a short nap in one of the regular beds. Again, so nice and relaxing!

I didn't want this fun night to end, so what did I do? I called my sister, Mary, of course! I convinced her to make dinner for us while I went to the movie store to pick out another girly movie to watch. We ended up renting The Women, which is pretty much as girly as you can get. So fun! :)

*sighs* Being selfish works for me - I like it. ha ha ha!

4 reader comments:

Anna said...

I love your life. Lets trade. ;)

Josh said...

Really?! Really?! I'm sorry Beks, but you are no longer officially tough. I didn't want it to come to that, but the council has spoken. You've been relegated to girliest sister once again.

Rebekah said...

Shut up The Squash!

I AM a girl - so it's perfectly okay for me to have the occassional girly night. Now, if you were to do something like this, well then, we'd have a problem on our hands. Wouldn't we?

Arin and Troy said...

I am really jealous that while I was the most horrible pain ever experienced, you were out getting pampered!! I would have given anything to trade places with you!! ha ha!

P.S. Stockton has been asking when he is going to get to see his auntie again??? :)