Monday, November 10, 2008

The Freak Out

Saturday night Chaddy, Zo and I had nothing to do so we ended up renting a scary movie. We've been watching a lot of scary movies lately. Prom Night, Scream, Vacancy, and most the recent was The Strangers.

Scary movies and I have a love/hate relationship that goes like this: I'll watch a scary movie and while I'm watching it, I'm gripping my blanket or lap pillow so hard that I lose all circulation to my fingers and I sit there wondering (out loud sometimes) why in the heck am I watching this?! Then I drive home scared out of my mind thinking that at the next light someone is going to slash my plastic windows and kill me, and once I get home I try to fall asleep but instead I just lay there 100% awake and jumping at every sound. Once I finally fall asleep I end up having nightmares for the next three nights. Then I wait a few days or a week or so and someone (usually Zo) suggest that we watch a scary movie and I get all excited and think "yeah, that sounds like fun" and the vicious cycle starts all over again.

Saturday night was no exception. We watched The Strangers and it was most definitely scary but it helped that after we watched the movie, Chaddy, Zo and I discussed how the characters were so unbelievably stupid and how we would be way smarter than that. Lets say some psycho stalker killer was trying to murder us while we were in a cabin in the middle of nowhere, first of all - we'd bring a ton of people with us, preferably good fighters who were trained in the martial arts; secondly - we wouldn't split up, if one of us goes to check the radio in the barn, we all go out to the barn to check the radio; and third - I forget what #3 was but I think it had something to do with - don't let them kill us.

After this discussion I was feeling okay about driving home by myself until I got this text message from my mom: "Dad is extra worried about you tonight. Are you okay? Please come and tell us when you get home." WTF?! My dad isn't the type to say stuff like that, so when he does - it freaks me out. Then to make matters worse, Mary called me and said that she had a bad feeling about me driving home and to be extra careful. All that progress I had made getting over that scary movie had gone right out the window. I know what you're thinking - you are so stupid. But honestly, it gave me the total creep out.

I decided that I would just stay there until someone could either drive me home or at least follow me to make sure I got home safely. The boys also thought I was being stupid and decided to play their new video game, Gears of War 2 until 5:00 in the a.m. By that time I had already fallen asleep on the lovesac and had numerous nightmares about what could happen to me on my drive home. When the sun came up I decided it was finally safe for me to walk out to my car by myself and drive home. I drove extra careful and I think you'll be happy to know that I made it home without getting killed or kidnapped.

2 reader comments:

Juli said...

I'm glad you made it home safe. I don't like to watch scary movies anymore. I get too scared thinking about them when Rich isn't home.

Johnny Metropolis said...

Gears of War 2 vs Chivalry...
Its an eternal struggle similar to good vs evil or blond vs brunette.