Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Bekah and the 5 Dwarfs

I just had to post this so that everyone will feel sorry for me.

I work in an office where I am the only girl. It's just me and my five bosses - that's it. I like to compare my five bosses to the seven dwarfs.

Jim is like Happy / Doc. Jim is a very pleasant fellow and is my favorite friend at the office. We get along great! We usually go to lunch once a week and we always have a good time. He's very witty and he keeps me laughing with all the funny emails he sends me. We talk about all sorts of stuff like how we both love our Jeeps and church stuff and everything. Jim tries to set me up with all the eligible bachelors in his ward because he likes me so much and he just wants me to find an eternal companion and be happy forever. He has a very, very kind heart. I just love him! :)

John is like Bashful. John doesn't talk to me much, not because he doesn't like me, but because he's just kind of a quiet guy. He's an extremely nice man, but it's like pulling teeth to get him to talk to me. Most of our conversations happen over email.

David is like Grumpy. David is a very anal / controlling person. I've known him for years. He wasn't always Grumpy, in fact, before I started working for him we were the best of pals. We'd go to lunch, talk about sports and the guys I was dating and it was great. We used to have so much fun! He was the one who convinced me to leave my other job and come work for him because we got along so great. Then as soon as I started working for him all of a sudden his demeanor changed towards me. It's as if a switch flipped. He is now extremely cold towards me and very much a grumpy, self-righteous, arrogant guy. It makes me sad to think about this because we used to have so much fun together.

Corper is like Dopey /Sneezy. Corper is a nice enough guy, but there is something in his brain that just doesn't click. Corper likes to be my friend when it benefits him. If he wants somebody to hear his stories and the other guys won't listen, he'll tell me. He's also kind of Dopey in the way that he can't do anything by himself. He struggles with even the simplest of tasks. If he wants a paper out of a file that is sitting in front of him on his desk, he'll call me to come and find it. He's Sneezy because he's got the biggest sneeze out of everyone in the office. It really is a huge sneeze. And I just couldn't leave Sneezy out of this little mix.

and finally

Bill is like Sleepy. No, he's not a narcoleptic. I just rarely see Bill. Bill is a multi-millionaire and doesn't need to work but since he was driving his wife crazy at home she insisted that he get an office downtown to just go hang out at for a couple hours a week. So that's what he does. He's very nice though.

So that's the run down of all of my bosses. Guess what they're all doing today. Jim (my favorite) is out to meetings all day so I won't see him until tomorrow. The rest of them all decided to go to a matinee showing of Quantum of Solace. No, they didn't invite me. I would have loved to go with them! I don't care that I've already seen that movie. It could have been any movie and I would have been happy to go. I'd just like to feel included, ya know? But instead I have to stay here all by myself.

That is all. :(

4 reader comments:

Brittney said...

Poor Beks...you should just rebel and take off, why should they get all the fun!

Arin and Troy said...

AAAAHHH...that is so sad! You should have at least taken a long lunch to make up for it. I do love the dwarf comparisons and now that I think about it, you would make a pretty good Snow White! :)

Josh said...

Bekah... PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE!!! Tell me that your bosses don't know you have a blog. That post was trashrific!

Gary and Renee said...

Ha! I love your comparisons. I'm sad that they're poopy though. I've always thought that David was a concieded jerk - sorry, but true!