Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Girl Friends

I'm the type of girl who gets along way better with boys than I do with other girls. Boys are simple and easy, while girls can be complicated and hard. Maybe this is completely selfish of me but I just don't want to deal with the cattiness and drama that most girls drag with them.

There was a short time in my life when I gave up on having girls as friends all together. I was 100% content with my sisters being my best friends and I had more than enough guy friends to temporary fill the void where my girl friends should have been. But then something happened and I realized that my boys could no longer fill that void. I'm sure there are a lot of you women out there who can relate to this need for a female friend. Of course I would have never come up with this on my own - no, no - it took meeting my very best girl friends for me to come to this realization.

Today I'd like to pay tribute to one of my Best Friends:

Arin


Arin's birthday was two days ago and I just wanted to let her know how much she means to me.

Here are a few ways to describe Arin:

Caring, Super Fun, Selfless, Daring, Hilarious, Spiritual, Loving, Spontaneous, Good Listener, Entertaining, Sporty, Sincere, Spunky, Geeky (in a good way), Empathetic, Honest, Enthusiastic and last but not least . . . a True Friend.

Happy Birthday Arin!

I love you so much!

2 reader comments:

Arin and Troy said...

Thanks for the the birthday tribute!! I dont know if I have deserved it lately, but I'm so glad we are the bestest of friends anyways! (Even if you did call me geeky!) :) I love you too and so glad to have a BFF like you!! ha ha!

Ryan and Amy Harvey said...

Great job summing her up!!! All of those words really describe her, especially geeky, I mean caring. You are lucky to have her as a friend.