Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Whew!

I know I've been out of it for a little while - but I have an excuse. I've been re-reading the Twilight books to prepare for the release of the fourth book in the series, Breaking Dawn. Every spare moment I've had went to reading. Now, I know what you're going to say gosh, you're a slow reader but I would contest that. I think I'm an average-paced reader. It's just that I haven't had a lot of free moments and the ones I do get are usually stolen from "working hours" ha ha ha.

Well I'm back now, I finished Breaking Dawn last night (Yes, a whole day or two after most of my friends, I know. Again, with the slow reader thing. Sheesh, ease up!) and I would now like to discuss - PLEASE! Don't worry I'm not going to spoil anything for those of you who are slower readers than I am. (Ha ha!) I'm going to start my discussion on the comment board, so don't go there if you haven't finished the book. (Or in Brittney's case, even started the series yet. Come On Already! I promise if you give it even half a chance, you'll really enjoy it.)

5 reader comments:

Rebekah said...

First and foremost - Renesmee?!?!?!

WTF!!!

Anna said...

Bekah- Ok this book sucked. It sucked bad. I LOVED the others with all of my heart, really I did. But I only finished this book because I felt obligated too. Like Edward would be dissapointed if I didnt...
AND Renesmee? Freak! that sounds like a name some lame, crazy mormon family came up with.
Sorry that I sound so onry about the book. I had high hopes.
sigh. But I still love Edward, and I still think he secretly loves me back. ;)

Rebekah said...

Sheesh! Okay, I'm not going to be that hard on the book. I actually really liked it. When I hit the Jacob/Renesmee moment I shut the book and swore I wouldn't finish it. But I talked to my good friend, Arin, and she convinced me that it would all be okay. So, two minutes later, I picked it back up and with a new attitude of "this will be a good book if I want it to be" and I actually found that I really enjoyed reading it.

But, yes, Renesmee - that was my biggest problem. Just the name Renesmee makes me want to puke. It's horrible!

Arin and Troy said...

I admit, the name isn't great. I think her first name should have been Carlie. But as a Jacob fan, I dont know how else the book could have gone so that Jacob and Edward fans could have closure. Seriously, would all of you Edward fans really have been OK with Jacob to just end up broken hearted in the end?? I thought it was great how she made us all happy. Now I can be OK with Bella and Edward ending up together because Jacob is happy too! I gave it an A+ even though the first half with her being pregnant was pretty weird!

Rebekah said...

I agree 100% Arin. Even though it definitely threw me for a loop - I think it was the only way for Bella to be able to have both Edward and Jacob in her life. Bella did love Jacob, but it was never like how she loves Edward. With Jacob it was more of a brotherly-love, so this is perfect.

Ha ha ha - I can't help but think of how many awkward moments Jacob could create by just remembering the time he and Bella made out. So awkward! - ha ha ha

It's kind of like that time I spilled the beans to Chet that his roommate, Brandon, had fantasized for the past 5 years or so about marrying Chet's girlfriend and my sister, Mary. The best part was that Brandon was right there when I told Chet. So awkward! ha ha ha