Thursday, August 14, 2008

I Heart TV

I have a confession:

I am one of those people who loves, loves, LOVES watching TV. It entertains me to the fullest extent. For some reason though, I feel ashamed to admit how many tv shows I love to watch. I feel like people will judge me and think I'm lazy for loving tv so much. So I came up with this plan where I will go to the gym and watch my favorite shows while I'm walking on the treadmill. That should make those judgers be okay with my enormous amounts of tv watching, right?

But there's a slight flaw with this plan.

Those of you who know me well, know that I don't like to work out and that I only do it when I'm preparing for something. Right now it's the cruise - I'll spend the next 6 weeks "training" for my cruise. That's how it goes. I will usually only go for 6 weeks straight, then I'll take the next 6 months off. 6 weeks on, 6 months off. That is my work out schedule. Oh I might go once or twice during that 6 months, when someone makes me feel guilty, but usually I stick to my schedule pretty good.

So telling people that I only watch tv while I'm at the gym is only true for those 6 weeks. The rest of the time I'm sitting on my fat butt at home and I'm enjoying every minute of it. :) But I have to ask myself - why is it that I feel so ashamed of loving tv? And why do I feel so guilty when I talk to the physically fit people who say they never watch tv? Why can't I just be happy with who I am?

Does anyone out there have the answers for me?

Just in case you were wondering what brought on this little confessional:



one of my most favorite shows of all time is starting again in September and I can't wait!

Here is a list of some of my other favorite shows:
1. Dancing with the Stars (Love It!)
2. Law and Order (All of them.)
3. Paula Deen
4. Anything else on the Food Network.
5. Chuck
6. The Office
7. Brothers and Sisters
8. Ugly Betty
9. Grey's Anatomy
10. Desperate Housewives
11. Samantha Who?
12. Alias
13. The OC
14. Gilmore Girls
15. SATC
16. America's Next Top Model
17. What I Like About You
18. Friends
19. Everybody Loves Raymond
20. Martha Stewart

. . . and the list goes on and on . . .

What are some of your favorite shows?

3 reader comments:

Arin and Troy said...

First of all, I dont think you have a problem on your hands until you are fat and lazy and since you are neither, then I dont think there is anything wrong with watching TV! :) But then again, I love just doing nothing and watching TV so I guess my opinion might be a little biased. But then again I have gained like 10 lbs over the past year so maybe it's me that actually has the problem, not you!

As far as your listed shows go, I have only even heard of like half of them so I guess that just proves that I choose to watch all of the cable garbage like The Hills, Girls Next Door, Bad Girls Club and the always a favorite What Not to Wear and House Hunters. (No, I dont think those last two listings are garbage at all, but the others are questionable, I know) Anyways, I guess now that we won't have cable TV anymore, maybe I will get in on some of these shows you so religiously love!

And P.S. TV RULES!!

Johnny Metropolis said...

Holy smokes thats a lot of TV shows! I hope you have TiVO!

Staci said...

Well, let's see, I didn't see 30 Rock on that list, but I have my own personal countdown to Chuck. And, you won't believe this...I actually have cable now. So, I might be joining the millions of regular TV watchers. Oh, and you forgot WIPEOUT!