Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Dude Lunch?


My bosses and I ordered lunch in today.

I'm so happy Jimmy Johns delivers - I feel like it really adds to my favored lazy-lifestyle.

So - John, Jim and I were sitting in the kitchen enjoying our lunch together when Jim asked me "What did you order? That looks good!"

I responded "I got the Totally Tuna on Whole Wheat and it IS good! I added bacon to the sandwich. Bacon makes everything better."

I got a chuckle from Jim. John, however, had this to say - "Now that's a DUDE sandwich!" and he gave me an approving smirk.

I have to admit - I really didn't think that anything involving tuna was considered a Dude Sandwich - but I was proud of myself none-the-less. I can't always finish my Dude Sandwiches, but I'm sure glad I know how to order one. :)

. . .


Now can I tell you about a pet-peeve?
I really hate it when you offer to order lunch from Jimmy Johns and someone, orders a Turkey Tom. Then when it arrives, he says to you, with a smug look on his face "This better be good." Then when he unwraps the Turkey Tom sandwich he complains that "There sure isn't a lot of meat on here! You know I like my sandwiches with a lot of meat!"

First of all - No, I wasn't aware that you like your sandwiches with a lot of meat. I assumed that when I handed you the menu and you circled the sandwich and crossed out sprouts - that's what you wanted.

Secondly - Why is it always the orderer's fault if the meal is unsatisfactory to the consumer? I didn't make the sandwich. I just ordered a Turkey Tom without sprouts.

and Third - Shut up!

That is all.

ps - Jimmy Johns - I heart you! You add the perfect amount of meat for my sandwich. Thanks! :)

5 reader comments:

Josh said...

We totally heart Jimmy Johns... Their headquarters are here in Champaign and the first one opened in Charleston... That's where Staci's school is.

Brittney & Morgan said...

I love the #4 Turkey Tom! It is my most favorite thing there!

Brittney said...

I also love the Turkey Tom. I've been ordering it about once a week, and I love that they will deliver regardless of how small your order it.

Staci said...

I heart the beach club or something like that, but of course, without avocdo, tomato, and sprouts. It wouldn't be right if I didn't take off half the sandwich right from the start!

Gary and Renee said...

The Pepe (no tomato add cucumber of course) is my friend, and they deliver so fast! I timed them today - 10 minutes from internet order to front desk!