Friday, March 20, 2009

My New Apartment . . . Bedroom

The first room of our tour will be my bedroom. Well, actually, I should probably call it my bedroom/closet seeing as how I turned half of it into a closet. I'll show you the "closet" first then we'll just go around the room from there.

This is my fabulous closet, the first picture is of my most favorite chair in the whole world.
Little story about that chair - my 95 year old Grandmother gave it to me, it's old and beautiful and comfy as can be. I just love it! And I'm not the only one, Jarred, aka best-brother-in-law-on-earth also loves that chair. He's tried to coax it away from me on numerous occasions with no success. I'm not giving that chair up, I love it too darn much. A few months ago, one-too-many people decided to sit in it and although I'm not going to name names *cough-MaryandChet-cough* the weight was placed in exactly the worst spot and it broke. One of the little legs just gave out and the chair flopped over dead. I was outraged! I completely lost my temper and I yelled at the murderers and made them feel really bad. It was, after all, the chair that my cute 95 year old Grandmother gave to me. But then I realized, not only is Jarred the best-brother-in-law-ever! but he is also Jarred-aka-welder-extraordinaire! That's right. He took that chair home, fixed it, brought it back to me and now it's better than new. He didn't even make me pay him for his services. . . . Well, not yet anyway. I'm supposed to bequeath him that chair upon my demise. So I guess I better do that now. Sure, sure, I could put it in a legal document, but I figure if all of you know - that's just as good.

So Jarred - I bequeath you my most wonderful chair. :)

And around the room we go . . .
Closet.

More closet. You can see about 1/5 of my shoes right there.
More closet including a completely fabulous mirror I got at Ikea. Man, I love that store!
Another shot of the fabulous mirror plus the foot of my bed and the other/real closet. Honestly, who could fit all of their stuff in such a teeny tiny closet?

This is my bed. Funny story about my bed - I've been sleeping on a twin bed for such a long time that I have a hard time taking up the whole bed. I only sleep on half of it. The other half remains completely untouched and every now and then I'll catch myself sliding a leg or an arm over to the cold side of the bed . . . it's so nice! :)

And we've come full circle. This is my new lamp, from Ikea, of course, and I love it! It's so useful. In fact, I'm using it right now as I type this at 1:00 in the morning. 2 weeks ago I would have had to get out of bed to turn the light out but not now, my trusty little lamp is just right here, so handy. I think that this year for Thanksgiving, I'm going to tell everyone how thankful I am for my cute little Ikea lamp.
Wow! It's 1:00 in the A.M.! I think I'm going to have a hard time waking up for work tomorrow, I should probably stop typing. Well, actually, I probably should have stopped typing awhile ago. Probably before I professed my love for my little Ikea lamp. Yeah, you probably could have done without that. Okay I'm going to bed now. . . . probably.

5 reader comments:

Brittney said...

What a cute room...LOVE the closet, especially the mirror!

Juli said...

I like your room, it is super cute! I love Ikea, I only wish we had one here.

Ty and Holly said...

Love your closet!I can't believe how organized it is. And hello you have so many purses!

Brittney & Morgan said...

Love LOVE your cute room! Did you get your bed at ikea as well?

Staci said...

Fantastic! You are a model of the Idea customer. Did I tell you that I have an athlete named after the Ikea furniture store? Think about that for your own family...