Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Addiction of the Senses

Taste:
Dove Peppermint Bark
A week ago I bought a bag thinking
"mmmm, that looks tasty"
I was definitely right.
The bag is now gone.


Hearing:
Earbuds
I freaking love these things!
The noise cancellation feature is top notch.
I can't even hear myself singing along.
I accidentally left them in my sisters car last Tuesday and since I knew
I wouldn't be able to survive an entire week without my iPod
I bought a cheap pair of earphones.
Not only are they incredibly uncomfortable but they don't have
the noise cancellation feature. Which is a total bummer because,
as it turns out, I do not sound like any of the following people:
Beyonce
Robert Plant
Taylor Swift
Sarah Brightman
Brian Johnson
I am extremely happy to have my earbuds back.


Sight:
The Vampire Diaries
I don't care how juvenile or girly this show is.
I love it!
I might even read the books.
Hopefully they will also be a treat for my eyes. :)


Touch:
Bath Salts
One of my favorite things to do is take a bath.
Especially when it's cold outside and I just want to get warm.
I often put Bath Salts in with the water.
They just complete the whole relaxing package.
The other day my friend, Josh, brought his roommates over for a visit.
One of the roomies found my huge jar of Bath Salts and asked
"What the heck is this for, do you rub it on your back?"
I wanted to respond "Yes, roomie, it makes your skin taste yummy."
Sometimes boys can be really silly.


Smell:
Gain
Really, truly, a delightful smell.
Lately, I've been using Gain to make other things in my home smell good.
I know it's weird, but I just don't care.

4 reader comments:

Craig Barlow B. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Craig Barlow B. said...

I like to touch flour. Honestly, I love running my hands through a huge tub of flour. I've never had the opportunity, but I'm sure I would love rolling around naked in a 10 foot deep pool of flour. That is how I am going to die.

Jaime Van Hoose Steele said...

I don't agree with all your choices for the senses here...but I will allow you free agency to think how you will.
Here are some good senses you misses:
Sound & Sight: Lightly falling snow at night muffling all noises and coating the streets in white.
Taste: Truffles! They melt in your mouth and permeate every taste bud!
Touch: Freshly shaved legs in clean sheets!
Paranormal sense: The zingers you get in your body when you have a spectacular kiss!

Rebekah said...

Mmmmmmm . . . Zingers. :)