Monday, July 7, 2008

Lincoln and the 4th of July



This year my Fourth of July Holiday was extremely exciting! Early Friday morning Mary and I caught a ride with Chet's dad and sister up to Bear Lake to meet Nick, Chet and the whole Vernon/Jones family. We had an entire weekend of boating, lounging around the cabin and basking in the sun planned for us. We arrived at the cabin around 11:00 or so and were just getting settled in when both Mary and I received a text message from our sister, Amy, wishing us a Happy 4th of July and oh, by the way, she's going into labor. Now, I specifically remember telling Amy she was not allowed to have her baby this weekend because I would be 3 hours away and without a vehicle to rush back in case it did happen. So we were a little shocked to get this message. Immediately after reading it, Mary and I started running through scenarios on how we could get back to the Salt Lake Valley without a mode of transportation and without disrupting the Vernon/Jones family vacation. It seemed virtually impossible. So we settled on the fact that we would not be able to attend the birth of beautiful new nephew. :( We did, however, keep in constant contact with all of those who were in attendance and we were able to see pictures of little Lincoln Jay Potter. After that first day of intense anticipation, Mary and I settled down and were able to enjoy the weekend. We went boating and ps - I actually wake boarded! I'm not going to tell you how long I was up. All you need to know is that I got up on my first try, twice! Yeah, I'm a big deal. :) Saturday night Nick taught me how to play the Jones version of Hand & Foot. I feel like my eyes have been completely opened to this amazing new life of playing Hand & Foot in teams. It's absolutely wonderful!! I will never go back to the boring way of Every-Man-For-Himself Hand & Foot. And, if any of you would like to play with me, please let me know because I will do everything in my power to make it happen as quickly as possible.

Another one of the best things about vacationing at the Jones cabin is the delicious food! Saturday night Norval made the most wonderful chicken I have ever tasted in my entire life! At this time, I would like to give a shout out to Norval Jones, he is currently my favorite Grandpa. It's true! I'm not just saying that because of his chicken cooking skills. Norval is also very spunky and just a joy to be around.



The whole weekend was great! In fact, I think this was the most enjoyable 4th of July ever! I really didn't want to leave on Sunday, but I had some motivation. I had to hurry home so I could hold this little guy.


Lincoln Jay Potter

Born July 4, 2008

6 lbs 13 oz

21 inches

7 reader comments:

Brittney said...

Congrats on the adorable new newphew! Sounds like an awesome 4th weekend as well.

Our Family Blog said...

Such a cutie! What a perfect way to celebrate the 4th, boating and babies.

Gary and Renee said...

Congrats Auntie Bekah! By the way, I love hand to foot. In my family, it's called "hand to butt" and your foot pile is called, well.......

Anna said...

Oh! Amys little one is beautiful!!
Looks like the 4th was a great time- glad you had fun!!

Arin and Troy said...

Little Lincoln just looks so adorable! I just want to hold him!

Brittney said...

p.s. Love the critic's corner with our movie marathon flicks. Love Lloyd Dobler...love, love, love him!!!

Anonymous said...

Gosh what a handsome little guy. How super exciting for sure!!