Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A Weird Little Fact

Transition glasses kind of creep me out.

Glasses - great!
Sunglasses - even better!

But for some reason I get a gross creepy feeling when I see someone wearing transition glasses. It makes me think of a pedophile who drives a white van with no windows offering candy and ice cream to the little children walking home from school. I don't know any pedophiles who drive white vans with no windows. In fact, I don't think I know any pedophiles at all. But, like I said, for some reason, that's what comes to mind when I see transition glasses. Especially when it's really bright inside so the glasses are half way between regular clear glasses and sunglasses. I have no logical explanation for this.
It just gives me the creep out.

3 reader comments:

Craig Barlow B. said...

I never realized that this creeps me out until I saw a pair of these glasses on a kid with a mullet and a sort of v-neck shirt.

Jaime Van Hoose Steele said...

Agreed! Transition glasses are weird! I think someone from the 70's who loved their tinted glasses invented them. Also, this kid in the pic is destined to grow up and be a serial killer...he looks like a young Ted Bundy. Creepy!

Staci said...

Two things - I had a professor in college who wore those glasses and I actually liked it. The wierd sunglass/kinda see through stage (the creepy stage) was really the only time I could look at him. See, he had a lazy eye so I could never look at him while he was explaining the third reich because I would try to figure out what he was seeing. So, the wierd sunglasses kept the lazy eye invisible. And, two - I'm sure you know sex offenders - go to http://corrections.utah.gov/asp-bin/sonar.asp and put in your address.